During this difficult time we are all going through, we all need a way to keep our minds and our hands busy. For me, that means “Getting Crafty”. Crafting and doing small DIY projects is a great way to relax, keep your mind busy and bring some beauty to things around the house that need a little “sprucing up”. There are links to the products used where you see “blue” text. These are my affiliate links (which don’t cost you any extra) but the company issues me a thanks you credit for sharing that I used their products. I thank you for using my links to help support this blog.
Here are a few simple projects that I found around the house to have some fun with and get crafty with.
- Painting your old jeans (its a great way to hide any stains that have been keeping you from enjoying that old favorite pair of jeans or shorts. I used used Dixie Belle paints to paint these, and didn’t have to use anything to seal them. I let the paint dry and “rest” for 48 hours, put them in the dryer inside out for 15 minutes and then you can wash them in cold water and dry as usual.
2. Paint old picture frames. On this frame, I painted it with Dixie Belle Vintage Duck Egg and used wood appliqués from WoodUbend to really spruce it up, a little silver gilding wax on the details brought it all together.
3. Gave a new updated look to some old jewelry boxes I thrifted a long time ago for less than $6 each. The one of the left: I painted with Dixie Belle Antebellum Blue, Dusty Blue and Savannah Mist, added some Decor Wax in Shiny Star and wood appliqués from WoodUbend. The one on the right: I used Dixie Belle’s Caviar (black) and applied the Poppy Field transfer from Prima.
5. Turn a glass picture and frame into a chalk board. For this all you need is a bonding primer (for the glass) and I used Dixie Belle Slick Stick for this (2 coats) and then applied 3 coats of Dixie Belle Caviar (black) and left it unsealed and that’s all you need. Just remember to fully clean your glass before you do this one.
6. Make some jewelry. I used wood appliqués roses from WoodUbend and glued them on to old earrings that I already had. (I used Gorilla Wood Glue for that or you can use any wood glue). Then gave them some color with VooDoo gel stain in Denim with some Decor Wax Shiny Star (silver) to bring out the details.
Well, there you have it….I’ve been painting or updating anything and everything I can get my hands on. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook (where I do weekly LIVE painting and crafting tutorials for free) and on Instagram : Ajs Vintage Designs and I can be found on Youtube at : Fashion Toppings .